Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Summer Cocktails



On days such as these (sunny and bright) my thoughts always turn to one thing ..... my holidays. Now usually I spend them in Palm Springs, California, my holiday de choix, but this year I shall vacation in sunny Tulse Hill, London with my grumpy feline 'Haystack'. Not my choice, but it can't be helped. In these sort of emergencies I always turn to the bottle - no I'm not an alcoholic - but if I were in Palm Springs I always entertain my guests with little gems such as this...

The Bikini-Martini

This to me sums up my hols. Me and my friends lounging poolside trying to look 'wealthy vintage' and longing to live the Slim Aarons good life c.1965. Cocktails always help achieve the look we're after, and this particular one matches my turban. So turban-up yourself and get jiggling!



You will need ...
1 fl oz of good quality coconut rum
3/4 fl oz of vodka
1 fl oz of pineapple juice
A dash of grenadine syrup




Combine the rum, vodka and pineapple juice over ice in a shaker and shake until really frothy. Strain half into a martini glass, add a dash of grenadine syrup in the middle then pour the rest of the mixture in. You can add more pineapple juice if you prefer something a little fruitier.
Garnish with a slice of orange - optional.

Enjoy!







"Arrh the good life!"








No comments:

Post a Comment